As the Peterson Garden Project expands (people really want to learn how to grow their own food!) we’ve fine tuned our registration and membership process for 2013. Thanks for all your support and participation! This year is going to be awesome with your help…
This post originally appeared on the We Can Grow It! blog.
We’re delighted to announce details for 2013 Peterson Garden Project membership and garden registration. As always, we offer returning PGP members first dibs (until Friday, March 1), and will continue registration until gardens are full.
2013 GARDEN LOCATIONS
- Global Garden (Lawrence at Sacramento)
- Land on Lincoln (Lincoln at Sacramento)
- Montrose Green (Montrose, at the Montrose Brown Line stop)
- Vedgewater (Broadway at Rosemont)
Note: Stars Garden will close this year, and its members will have priority registration at a new location, Land on Lincoln, on Lincoln at Sacramento.
Additional locations will be announced soon—we’ll update this list as soon as we have confirmed all logistics.
2/18 Returning member registration for Global Garden, Stars Garden and Vedgewater Garden began. If you gardened at one of these locations in 2012 and cleaned out your plotappropriately at the end of last season, you received an email with instructions for registering for the same plot in 2013. Please note, our system-generated confirmation emails are not including your “assigned garden” in the text, but rest assured that we have this information in our database. Once returning gardener registration ends on Friday, March 1, returning gardeners will receive a new confirmation email including the assigned garden information.
2/27 Returning member registration for Montrose Green begins (technical details for membership at this location are currently being fixed. If this date moves, you’ll see updates here, in our newsletter and on Facebook.)
3/4 New member registration begins for Global Garden, Land on Lincoln, Montrose Green and Vedgewater. Anyone who is a new member to PGP will be able to register for membership to begin gardening at a plot in one of our existing garden locations. Spaces are allotted on a first come, first served basis.
3/18 New garden location registration opens. Anyone wishing to become a member at one of our new 2013 garden locations can register today. We are still finalizing details around new garden locations, and as soon as they are finalized, we will announce their names and addresses.
- Garden membership is $75 for the 2013 growing season which includes education, events, some materials and a garden plot
- We also provide need-based scholarships. If you want to request a need-based scholarship, send a note to email@example.com.
- If you would like to support a scholarship plot, please make a donation of $75 athttp://j.mp/PGPDonate.
As always, an annual orientation session is mandatory for all members, even if you are a returning gardener. Why? Because membership in a PGP garden means that we all share responsibility for maintaining our gardens together, so we need to review how that happens with you every year.
- You will pre-select an orientation date during the registration process.
- All orientations will be held at The Peterson Garden Project Learning Center, 4642 N. Francisco, Chicago (adjacent to the Francisco stop on the Brown Line).
- IMPORTANT: If you don’t attend one of the orientation sessions, we will refund your registration fee and release your garden to the waiting list. For any questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
GARDEN CLEAN-UP, SET-UP AND OPENING
We will announce garden clean-up dates and assorted events in all our garden locations in the coming weeks. We anticipate existing gardens to open on April 22 and are targeting new gardens to open Memorial Day weekend. Watch our newsletter and Facebook page for ongoing updates.
Membership fees alone don’t cover the full expense of building/maintaining the gardens so we need your help to support scholarships, community programs and events, volunteer management, and free classes. Please go to http://j.mp/PGPDonate today and make a tax-deductible gift to the Peterson Garden Project today.