SPREADING THE EDIBLE GARDEN WORD!
We’ve had a lot of fun talking about “Chicago Victory Gardens: Yesterday and Tomorrow.” This lecture uses historical documentation, photos and other media to reveal how Chicago lead the nation in urban food production during WW2. And how we are poised to do it again with the home grown food revolution of this new generation…
- P. Allen Smith’s 2011″Garden Home” Episode featuring The Peterson Garden Project CLICK HERE.
- The City of Chicago TV 2012 Interview about The Peterson Garden Project CLICK HERE.
- View the rough cut about The Peterson Garden Project in the upcoming documentary Food Patriots CLICK HERE.
We’d love to talk to your organization. For scheduling, please send an email to email@example.com
Saturday, July 11
- Seed Saver’s Exchange Conference and Campout, 11am & Sunday, July 12 10am
Tuesday, July 31
- Galewood Montclaire Garden Club, 6:30pm
Saturday, August 11
- American Community Gardening Association Conference, San Francisco ”Cornell University EE Capacity Training Initiative and the ACGA”
Thursday, August 23
- Independent Garden Center Show, Navy Pier 11:15am “Promoting Your ‘Local’ Message with the American Community Gardening Association”
Saturday, September 10
- Growing Power Farm Conference, Milwaukee, WI Time TBD
Friday and Saturday, September 14 and 15
- Chalet Nursery, Wilmette 10:30-11am both days
Sunday, September 16
- Naper Settlement, Naperville 3-4pm
Sunday, November 4
- Bioneers Conference 1:ooPM
In 2006 we bought a “yard with a house attached to it” for the sole, myopic, obsessive purpose of growing a vegetable garden. And we are damned and determined to convince, cajole and charm as many Chicagoans as possible to tear up their own yards and grow their own food!